There is an opening for a PhD position, please see the CWI website.
Soon there will be an opening for a PhD position on structure-preserving neural networks.
Current projects (Postdoc/PhD/MSc)
- Jorino van Rhijn, Structure-preserving neural networks, NWO-Groot project UNRAVEL, with TU/e and Leiden.
- Jurriaan Buist, Modelling multiphase flow in pipelines with the two-fluid model; with Svetlana Dubinkina, Kees Oosterlee and Ruud Henkes.
- Yous van Halder, Uncertainty quantification for the variability of liquid impacts during sloshing in LNG tanks; with TU/e (Barry Koren).
- Kelbij Star (UGhent, SCK CEN), reduced-order models; with Joris Degroote and Giovanni Stabile.
- Maarten van den Broek (TU Delft), wind-farm control; with Jan-Willem van Wingerden.
- Gustaw Cegielski (TU Delft), reduced-order models for turbulent flows; with Richard Dwight.
Previous student/thesis projects
- Vinit Dighe, Uncertainty quantification and calibration of aeroelastic wind turbine models; with ECN, DNV GL, Suzlon.
- Prashant Kumar, Sensitivity analysis of aeroelastic wind turbine models; with ECN, DNV GL, Suzlon.
- Laurent van den Bos, Quadrature methods for wind turbine load calculations; with TU Delft (Wim Bierbooms, Gerard van Bussel), February 2020. (Cum Laude)
- Maurice Hendrix, Experiments and modelling for by-pass pigging of pipelines; with TU Delft and Shell (Ruud Henkes, Wim-Paul Breugem), January 2020.
- Hemaditya Malla, Integrand-based quadrature rules for uncertainty quantification; with Laurent van den Bos and TU/e (Barry Koren).
- Jurriaan Buist, Machine learning for closure models in multiphase-flow applications, Master thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology, February 2019. (Cum Laude)
- Julia Klinkert, The characterization of uncertainty for steady state multiphase flow models in pipelines, Master thesis, Delft University of Technology, January 2018.
- Irfan Dogan, Dynamic two-phase flow modelling of coupled well-reservoir transients, Master thesis, Delft University of Technology, October 2016.
- Adnan Rajkotwala, Coupling Methods for Well Reservoir Interaction. Master thesis, University of Twente, August 2015.
- Max Haspels, Predicting the Motion of an Elongated Bubble Moving in a Liquid-Filled Channel employing a 1D Two-Fluid Model, Master Thesis, University of Twente, January 2015.
- Marco Marino, Dynamic Flow Modelling for Well-Reservoir Interaction. Master thesis, Delft University of Technology, December 2014.
- Jolanda Heijnen, Volume error reduction for 1D multiphase-flow models, July 2014.